Wondering how to make zucchini noodle pasta? Make this zucchini noodle recipe! It’s so quick and easy, you’ll be eating a nice healthy dinner in under 10 minutes! (No spiralizer necessary!)
Zucchini Noodle Pasta Recipe:
Serves 4 People. Less than 10 Minutes.
Zucchini Noodle Pasta Ingredients:
- 8 Zucchinis
- 6 Tomatoes
- 8 Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Pesto (optional)
- Hot Sauce (optional)
- Cheese (optional)
How To Make Zucchini Noodle Pasta:
- Cut your zucchini into long noodles.
- Chop your other veggies into medium-sized pieces.
- Combine ingredients in a pan and put over medium-low heat, 6-8 mins.
- Add your pesto and hot sauce to taste.
- Top with cheese.
- Cut your zucchini into thin noodles. You can do this with a knife, however, I recommend using a julienne peeler. The kind with grated teeth works well for this, but if you have an ordinary peeler you can always slice away thin layers and then use your knife to cut them into thin spaghetti like noodles.
- Chop your other veggies into medium sized pieces. The quantities here do NOT have to be very specific. Just eyeball it and see what looks right for what you want to eat, yaknow? I included numbers above as a guideline, but if you love mushrooms than go crazy, if you hate mushrooms than what are you doing? Don’t use them!
- Combine ingredients in a pan and put over medium-low heat. (6 to 8 minutes.) NO oil or sauce is necessary; the liquid in the zucchini is enough. Cook until zucchini becomes flexible like spaghetti, and other veggies are heated through.
- Add your pesto and hot sauce to taste. (I’m weird and I love pesto and hot sauce.) Currently my favorite hot sauce is the chili garlic Sriracha, (it’s the one that comes in a jar with large pepper flakes in it.)
- Top with cheese. It’s not pasta without a little parm on top! *(SAY WHEN!)*
And that’s how you make a basic zucchini noodle pasta.
Here’s some more tips:
Opt in your own favorite veggies and sauces to make the recipe your own. OR neglect them all and enjoy it plain. The only way to go wrong would be to cook them for too long. If the noodles overcook they turn to mush. That’s why we keep it on LOW-medium heat, and we don’t ever walk too far away from the kitchen. While I cook I like to clean. Which is great because it really shouldn’t take longer than 6 minutes to clean up your area after chopping and washing. That way when you’re finished you can just enjoy your food!
I’ve got quite a few other healthy recipes here on the blog! Interested in Healthy Mac and Cheese? Or how about Zucchini Crisps! Perhaps one of my Green Kale Smoothies? Or a batch of Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies!
How did yours turn out? Tag me on Instagram so I can see 🙂