Another year older, another year wiser…. as the saying goes.
So here, have a pineapple. ❤
It’s just another birthday, nothing extremely monumental… but still a great time to take a moment and review how I’m doing. I was looking through my journal this morning when I found my “2014 goals” agenda. Just so happens I wrote it out exactly 6 months ago, when I turned 23 and 1/2 (because adults can still count the 1/2 increments, right?). So I thought it fitting to continue this list another 6 months… So far so good.
Here’s the old plan from 6 months ago. An X means I’ve been able to accomplish it.
Looks like all I have left on this list is to get that tattoo and to dance more. ((Perfect, because I am making the tattoo appointment as soon as I have a free moment, AND life could alway use more dancing, so that will permanently be on my to-do list.)) However, I can proudly say despite the unfulfilled green part of the list, I am satisfied with my level of social life at the moment. I could not say that a few weeks ago, and I know these things take time, so maybe this is finally it… or maybe I’ve just had a good social month. Also I am SO happy I never needed that car – cars are dumb.
Scooters 4 LYFE!!!
Since that list is almost done, I drew up a new list of goals! These new goals are to be crossed off sometime before I turn 25. **Before the first quarter of my life is forever OVER!!!** Wow – when I put it that way I feel like I should add so much more! YIKES.
Since I’ve figured out the job and living situation ~sortof~ I have some freedom to build on my extracurricular activites! So now I feel secure enough to plan some trips to visit long lost friends! Or hey, maybe even attend an annual checkup…..since I only have one body and all… Going to the doctor is a thing people do even when they’re healthy right? Ugh. Time for some advice from our friend…
Thank you Ferris.
So this is my quick life update, not like anyone cares…. However, putting it out here in the public is therapeutic for me, it makes my goals more real. Now I have to go through with them. I hold myself accountable for my actions, because I like to pretend that I have a hot following and a group of people who are routing for me. You’re my fiction fans, you know, instead of fan fiction. 😉
and I love you all. Just as much as I love this Pumpkin Spice Latte.
This final part is a bit silly, but I feel like doing one of those surveys found on Tumblr. So i’ve taken a new years survey and changed the topic to be about the age-year instead of the calendar year. Click this read more link, if applicable, to scroll through a boring list of dumb survey questions about my life: XOXO
1. What did you do this year that you’d never done before?
moved out on my own – saw New York – financially supported myself
2. What would you like to have next year that you lacked this year?
more travel! visit friends from college
3. What date from last year will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 19th, the day I moved out of my parents house forever
4. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
got a full time job!!!
5. What was your biggest failure?
losing 2 iPhones within a 6 month span
6. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Hillsong is in LA!!
7. What song will always remind you of 23?
the animals, regina spektor (OITNB Theme)
8. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a. Older or wiser?
b. Thinner or fatter?
thinner *high fives all around*
c. Richer or poorer?
about the same, a little richer… less in debt, hehe, paying off student loans…
9. What do you wish you’d done more of?
seeing friends – being intentional about planning dates, friend dates.
10. What do you wish you’d done less of?
binge netflix….. don’t we all though?
11. How did you spend Christmas?
with my family for the last time ever in our childhood home
12. What was your favorite TV program?
Gossip Girl and Orange is the New Black. I also really liked Rebel Wilson’s show, “Super Fun Night,” so of course they canceled it
13. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
no – I love everyone – more so now than ever before – life is too short to hate
14. What was the best book you read?
Count of Monte Cristo
15. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Songza.com! – pick a mood and hit play
16. What did you want and get?
black leather boots, a wristwatch, an iphone 5
17. What did you want and not get?
a boyfriend, HAHA I’m totally kidding
i like being single… shutup
18. What was your favorite film of this year?
oh I’m so bad at remembering film names… I really didn’t like the Fault in Our Stars. The point was so dumb, her life was only worth living once she met a guy, OH COME ON, REALLY!?!?!?
19. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
heyyo! work, happy hour, hang out with people… solid day. 24 now.
20. What’s one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
it’s been a satisfying year so I don’t really want to answer this. Buuuut at this specific moment I am really missing my girl Rachel right now. Best friends from college, haven’t seen her since graduation. She *almost* visited me. wah.
21. How would you describe your personal fashion concept as 23?
*tom boy chic… gets her hair back, remembers she’s a woman again… tries to dress like one… realizes that’s weird… lost weight… cool, now going braless is easier*
21. What kept you sane?
SNAPCHAT – making living alone not so lonely since 2013!
22. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
this is going to sound so vain, but I get compared to Emma Watson a lot, so I gotta look out for my girl and hope she’s doing well! Also, Joan Rivers, may she rest in peace. :(((((((
23. What issue stirred you the most?
that damn ice bucket challenge – seriously, I’m glad it raised awareness for a very serious issue – buuut it was soooo annoying!
24. Who did you miss?
As I said, Rachel. But also, my dog sahzi and my big fat silver cat!
25. Who was the best new person you met?
Aw! I like this one! I’m going to give this one to my coworker Stephanie, or @zilla308 if you’re on instagram and youtube. 😉
26. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned:
tomorrow is a new day
27. Where did you begin 2014?
downtown Long Beach – IN TEARS!!! haha DO NOT ask
28. Where did you go on vacation?
New York City!
29. Did you know anybody who got married?
yes – so many – well wishes to you all!
30. Did you move anywhere?
downtown LA, babay
31. What sporting events did you attend?
does a bar to watch FIFA World Cup count?
32. What concerts/shows did you go to?
The National! Everything else was random things Caitlyn dragged me to, I do not recall any band names, I am the literal worst
33. What’s the one thing you thought you would never do but did this year?
oooOOh! I don’t kiss and tell, but this one involves a night out with a cute boy band and the sunset strip
34. What has/have been your favourite moment(s)?
one that stands out is of the simple pleasures in life: riding around at night on my scooter. Bonus points when I’ve got a passenger riding caboose
35. What’s something you learned about yourself?
I am a strong girl and I like my independence
36. What music will you remember this year by?
Wow that is hard. I am going to say Taylor Swift. That might not be true, but it sounds like a good answer
37. Who has been your best drinking buddy?
38. Made new friends?
yes – one of the many reasons to go to church 😉
39. Favorite Night[s] out?
whenever it’s just me and the girls, dancing the night away! No men, no drama. Oyyyy.
40. Any regrets?
Hey, don’t hold onto regrets. learn from them and let them go. I have no regrets. I just can’t live like that.
41. What do you want to change this year?
Change? nothing. Add? I want to do more, travel more, interact with the city more
42. Overall, how would you rate this year?
I have done so many firsts this year, so I give it a gold star!
43. Have any life changes this year?
jobs – moving out – supporting myself financially
44. Change your hairstyle?
I’m growing it out so I stripped away some color to add dimension to this dumb shapeless bob
45. Do you have a New Year’s resolution?
be bold, be you
46. Did anything embarrassing?
I say the dumbest things – on and off camera *blushes*
47. What was/were your favorite purchase[s]?
I found another version of my very favorite Marc by Marc Jacobs giant handkerchief scarf. So now I own 2 of them *yay*
48. Start a new hobby?
49. Best choice you made all year?
logged onto Craigslist and be assertive with job applications
50. Drank Starbucks this year?
Am I a white girl living in California? That was a strange question to end with.
XOXXOXOOX I am so lame ugh. Happy Birthday to me. XOOXOXOXO